Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sleeps like a baby?!?

I would like to know who in the world ever came up with this saying? Libbi is sleeping through the night so i'm not talking about that.. The girl will NOT nap! And she is the lightest sleeper I have ever seen! She will take about 4 or 5 20 minute naps in a day. I don't know what to do with her! I guess if she's happy and sleeping all night I shouldn't worry? If I crack her door to peek at her, she wakes up. If the kids run down the hall, she wakes up. If the doorbell rings, she wakes up!! She needs a soundproof room i think! (hey, there's a new project for Kurt and Chase!!) I would really like to get her on a napping schedule so any advice would help!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

Ok so I am so glad you are dealing with the same thing I am!!! Cohen is exactly the same way, he sleeps so wonderful at night, but his naps rarely last longer than 30 min. and it doesn't even matter about the noise... (we have been outside before so I know it wasn't noisy inside, but sure enough after 30 min of naptime I could hear him awake in the baby monitor).

Maybe it is the age?? It seemed like I went through this with York too and around 4 months it got better, let's keep our fingers crossed!

kdance10 said...

I put music on in jace's room everytime he naps and he even falls asleep to it at night. I did start it when he was a couple months old. give it a try:)

Unknown said...

Just enjoy her! So what if she doesn't nap she is still happy. I know you need a break once in a while but my advice is to enjoy every second!! I can't believe she is 3 months old!! What a doll!

Barney Family said...

Hey Mindi....this is Stephanie (Ballingham) Barney, I check out Libbi's blog every so often so tonight I linked to yours...and I just had to write cause my 7 month old did the same thing!! I felt like we could not even talk in our house or she would wake up and that just does not work with 2 other kids! She would sleep 20 minutes 3 or 4 times a day....oh so frustrating when we have to get a few things done, like take a shower!! So the good news is my baby is 7 months old and just the last 3 weeks or so she has been taking 2 naps that last an hour sometimes 2 hours and I think she has gotten used to the noise cause she dose not wake up anymore when her brothers are loud or the door bell rings. Hang in there, Good Luck! Your kids are so cute!!!

Brooke said...

We have a humidifier in Jake's room (we used it when he was sick, but then we just kept using it because it's pretty loud). It blocks out all the noise going on outside his room. A fan would do the same thing. Advice on the sleeping schedule?...I use Baby Wise. Good luck!